Sunday 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM on WUSF 89.7
Krista grew up in Oklahoma, went to the far-away land of Rhode Island to study at Brown University, and ended up in divided Germany for most of the 1980s, most of her 20s. She was The New York Times stringer in divided Berlin and reported and wrote as well for Newsweek, The International Herald Tribune, the BBC, and Die Zeit. Later she served as a special political assistant and chief Berlin aide to the U.S. Ambassador to West Germany.
She wrote her book (Speaking of Faith), in part, to answer the question she is often asked — how she went from that mode of geopolitical engagement to becoming a religious person again and studying theology. When she emerged with a Master of... Read More...
From On Point
- Trump, Turkey, Tariffs And The State Of Global Trade
Washington slaps tariffs on Turkey. The Trump administration’s trade fights, using national security as the justification. We’ll dig in.
- Meditation In The Mainstream: The Growing Mindfulness Movement
The founder of modern Western mindfulness Jon Kabat-Zinn on how to practice mindfulness in everyday life.
- Looking Ahead To The Week In News
Top reporters help you prepare for the week ahead by breaking down the big news stories.
- Inside The Stories Of Hate Crime Survivors In America
American hate. We talk with a human rights lawyer about the powerful stories of hate crime survivors.
- Listener Stories Of Inequity And Gender In The Workplace
We heard from listeners who wanted to share their experiences in and out of the workplace in relation to gender roles, family dynamics, abuses of power and more. Here's what they had to say.
- Week In The News: Mueller, Midterms, Manafort And More
Mueller. Midterms. Manafort's trial continues. Iran sanctions reimposed, and the trade war with China escalates. Our news roundtable takes it all in.
- Despite Abundance Of Craft Beer, Wine And Spirits Are Slowly Taking Over
You might not know it from the craft brew pubs everywhere, but Americans are drinking more wine and spirits -- slowly pushing aside beer. We'll find out why.
- With PepsiCo's Indra Nooyi Stepping Down, A Look At The Status Of Female CEOs
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi is stepping down. With the number of female CEOs dropping, we'll take a hard look at the glass ceiling to the C-suite.
- The Story Of The Democratic Party, As Told By New Podcast 'The Wilderness'
The way forward for the Democratic Party. Jon Favreau's popular new podcast, "The Wilderness," explores how the Democrats lost their way and how to bounce back.
- How Climate Change Is Affecting Wildfires — And What You Can Do About It
It's been a summer of extreme weather events. What are they trying to tell us about the future of our planet?