By Jordan Harrison
A CAPTIVATING SCI-FI DRAMA
Co-Production with Capital Stage in California
March 7-April 1
Directed by Producing Artistic Director Stephanie Gularte
Starring Janis Stevens (4000 MILES)
WE THE PEOPLE…DEFY OUR OWN MORTALITY
The Sunshine State and the Golden State join forces for this American Stage/Capital Stage Co-Production.This captivating sci-fi drama explores the mysteries of human identity and the limits – if any – of what technology can replace. It’s the age of artificial intelligence and 86-year-old Marjorie is worried that her memory is fading. But when a mysterious and charming young visitor appears to help Marjorie uncover the intricacies of her past, questions emerge about the limits of technology and the possibility that memory might be a purely human invention. What would we remember, and what would we forget, if given the chance?
“…Alive with humor… and terribly haunting.” - The New Yorker
- -Wednesdays 7pm: $39
- -Thursdays 8pm: $39
- -Fridays 8pm: $49
- -Saturday Matinees 3pm: $39
- -Saturday Evenings 8pm: $49
- -Sunday Matinees 3pm: $39
Ask about our Young Americans initiative. Visit americanstage.org/ya for details.
- UNDER 30 PASS: Our ‘Netflix-style’ subscription, offering ‘unlimited theatre’ to young people under the age of 30 for only $15 per month.
- UNDER 20 PASSPORT: A bold experiment in 2018, providing FREE tickets to young people under the age of 20 (suggested 12-19) to American Stage’s full mainstage season. Available starting 1/1/2018.