Business Success Center
For the third time in the last twelve months, the USF Muma College of Business has received a multi-million dollar gift from an alumnus. Florida businessman Barry Collier and his wife, Dana, gave the College $10.85 million. But this time, instead of naming a school after them, the gift creates the “Collier Student Success Center.” It brings together a half dozen programs designed to help students graduate on time with the skills that will help them find jobs in today’s competitive business world. We hear from the Colliers, as well as another USF graduate who their generosity has helped, on University Beat on WUSF 89.7.
USF Muma College of Business website
Collier Student Success Center website
University Beat TV report on Collier announcement
Previous University Beat stories:
- Pam & Les Muma's $25 million gift to USF College of Business
- Lynn Pippenger's $10 million gift to the USF School of Accountancy
- Kate Tiedemann's $10 million gift to the USF St. Petersburg College of Business
- University Beat TV report on the Muma & Tiedemann announcements
- Jordan Zimmerman's $10 million gift to the USF College of Mass Communications
Radio - During "Morning Edition" on WUSF 89.7 Tuesday after the 6:45 AM and 8:45 AM newscasts | During "All Things Considered" on WUSF 89.7 Tuesday at 5:44 PM | After "Florida Matters" on WSMR 89.1 Monday just before 10:30 PM
Mark Schreiner has been the producer and reporter for "University Beat" on WUSF 89.7 FM since 2001 and on WUSF TV since 2007. He has worked as an anchor, reporter and producer at radio stations in Tampa and his native Chicago since 1992.