q with Tom Power
Monday - Friday 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM on WUSF 89.7
Tom Power is an award-winning musician and broadcaster who hosts the national arts & entertainment program q on CBC Radio One. Hailing from St. John's, Newfoundland, Tom started his career programming folk music on college radio while pursuing a B.A in Folklore from Memorial University. Tom quickly moved on to become a news announcer for a local radio station and in 2008, at the age of 21, he joined CBC as the host of the national folk music program Deep Roots. He was recognized as the youngest host of a national radio program on the CBC since Peter Jennings.
In 2011, Tom was announced as the permanent host of Radio 2 Morning, the flagship national music program heard... Read More...
- June 18: Sarah McLachlan on the intense power of Angel, the unofficial song of sorrow
Sarah McLachlan reflects on the legacy of Lilith, the power of Angel and how music saved her life ahead of the 2018 SOCAN Awards.
- June 18: How the overnight popularity of HQ Trivia changed Scott Rogowsky's life
Stand-up comedian Scott Rogowsky joins Tom Power to talk about his big break as the host of the hugely popular trivia quiz app, HQ Trivia.
- June 18: Sloan bring some of their most memorable songs to q
Each member of the legendary Canadian rock band choose their favourite songs from band's entire discography.
- June 18: Beyoncé and Jay-Z release surprise album: Everything Is Love
Our q screen panel discuss Beyoncé and Jay-Z's new joint album, which has sent the internet into a frenzy.
- Full episode: Sarah McLachlan, Scott Rogowsky, Sloan 18/6/2018
Canadian singer-songwriter Sarah McLachlan reflects on the legacy of Lilith Fair and the power of Angel. Tina Hassannia and Charles Officer of the q screen panel discuss Beyoncé and Jay-Z's new surprise joint album. HQ Trivia host Scott Rogowsky explains how the hugely popular trivia quiz app has changed his life. Canadian rock band Sloan share their most memorable songs and why they matter.
- Full episode: Brad Bird, q This, Julia Alexander, Michael Chabon 15/6/2018
Oscar-winning director Brad Bird shares how "a gumbo of spy movies, superhero things and action movies" inspired Incredibles 2. CBC's Jarrett Martineau and Lisa Christiansen of the q This music panel discuss Drake's new Degrassi-themed music video. Senior internet culture reporter Julia Alexander breaks down the highlights from this year's E3 video game expo. Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon reflects on being a father and a son.
- June 15: Michael Chabon on fatherhood and the 'bitter surprise' of watching your kids leave the nest
Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabon reflects on being a father and a son in a new book of essays called Pops: Fatherhood in Pieces.
- June 15: Director Brad Bird on how 'a gumbo of spy movies, superhero things and action movies' inspired Incredibles 2
The Oscar-winning director and writer behind Disney-Pixar's Incredibles 2 talks about how his own childhood and parenting experiences inspired the film.
- June 15: Drake hosts a Degrassi High reunion in his new video
Our q This panel talk about how Drizzy has once again left the internet in a tizzy with a new music video, full of surprise guests and meme-generating moments.
- June 15: 2018 E3 Expo: Biggest highlights and trends from the video game world
We break down the highlights from this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, where companies like Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo unveiled new games and future plans.